Friday, January 16, 2009

Sick Kids and Winter Blues!

Ok.....enough, already! After a fabulous Christmas break, without any sickness, the Green House has been bombarded! I won't go into the play-by-play, but, it seems like we have been passing something around since New Year's! Until now, it has been the tolerable 2 or 3 day crud. Until this week......Today, I am going into my 8th day with a sick child in my presence. Lily came home sick on Friday of last week. She had a fever and just didn't feel good. By Saturday morning, we had full-blown flu symptoms. Cough, HIGH fever, aches, complaints, red eyes and headaches. Seth woke up Wednesday with a fever and since then, it's been medicine (for 2) every 4 hours, checking temperatures, breathing treatments (for 1), making sure no one is throwing up, and making sure everyone is laying still and being quiet! Including Momma! I have had enough! Today, the troops are getting weary of this house and the time we've spent together. I decided to clean out my junk drawer (I know, sad!)....as Lily and Seth were supposed to be watching a movie. All of the sudden, I hear, "Awwww, what a lovely day at the beach!" .....and as I came around the corner, this is what I saw! I love it! A day at the beach is exactly what the doctor ordered! I think we all need to pack up and go!

And, yes, that is my Christmas tree....still standing in my living room on Jan. 16th! What's a girl supposed to do with sick kids at home???? I haven't had a free day to myself since they've gone back to school! ARGH! (do you feel my frustration???!!!!) :)

2 comments:

Knock On Wood said...

I really hope this ends soon for you guys! I know the weekend can come fast enough! Lily is one bathing beauty and Seth...well he is a self proclaimed rock star!!!

Suzann Soliz said...

so sorry u guys are still sick! love the beach idea! to make u feel better, we just took our tree down yesterday.